December 12, 2009

AutoBlogging

     Yesterday as I was surfing the internet I stumbled upon a forum used mainly by blackhats to discuss the newest methods in profiting via websites and blogs.  Many of these methods I have know about for a long time, such as cookie stuffing, spamming forums, fake traffic, etc.  One method which caught me by surprise was autoblogging (there were others by the way). 

     Autoblogging is basically using a RSS feed to publish content from one blog onto a different blog.  The whole process is automated meaning after set up, assuming you set it up right, a blog will be provided with quality articles and cost the operator nothing in time or money.   Used correctly autoblogging seems like an easy way to inhance your blog, while promoting another bloggers blog. The problem is a lot of blackhats have taken to finding a nitch markets, setting up an autoblogger, using blackhat tactics to promote their blog, and then moving on to create another blog.  Usually these blogs, due to the ways they are promoted, will recieve more traffic then the blogs whose articles they are using, and often times they provide very few, if any, links to the blogs which they recieve there articles from. 

     After read up on autoblogging and hearing about the hundereds of dollars per day blackhats make using it I decided to try it out for myself.  First however I wanted to lay down a few ground rules for myself.  The first being that autoblogging would not be used to supply my blogs with 100% of their content.  Secondly any autoblogging which was done would have some sort of link back to the blog which I got the articles from and finally I decided that I would not use everything which was gotten from other blogs RSS feeds.  With these rules in place I feel I can consinously use autoblogging to add content to my blog, and at the same time supply other blogs with more viewers.  Legality wise there have been no copyright cases involving autoblogging, so I decided to just accept the general consenus that it is legal (even in many of the cases where autoblogging supplies a site with 100% of the content).

     Once you have figured out how you feel morally about autoblogging it is time to get down to business.

First:  Start a blog on blogger.com (This method of autoblogging is blogger based).

Second:  Go to the settings section on blogger, then look under Email & Mobile for the Posting Options.  Once you're here enter your secret word (this is to make sure no one can spam you site with articles).  Next select when you want your e-mails to be published, you can either do it right when they are recieved or they can be saved as drafts which you can post, by hand, later.  I decided to send everything to my drafts section, because this allows me to publish only the articles I feel apply to my readers.






Third:  Find the blog which you want to get your articles from, and then use a service like Feed My Inbox to e-mail the blog to your e-mail.


Fourth:  Set up your e-mail to forward any messages from Feed My Inbox to your blogger address and your ready to go.



   

1 comment:

  1. With these rules in place I feel I can consinously use autoblogging to add content to my blog, and at the same time supply other blogs with more viewers.

    ReplyDelete